- Exciting Work
- Team & family atmosphere
- Bonus programs
- Insurance (health, dental, life, plus others)
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Job Overview and Duties:
Our superintendents work in the field to manage and control assigned projects, including supervising field operations, site safety, productivity, schedule, quality of work and subcontractor and supplier coordination. They work with our Project Managers to lead the project team. Superintendents reports directly to the President.
Qualifications and Requirements:
10 years successful field experience in commercial building construction
Minimal computer skills are required
Jarrett Construction offers very competitive benefits. Send your resume and salary requirements to John Jarrett, Jarrett Construction Services, PO Box 5250, Charleston, WV 25361 or email to Lisa Stalnaker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All inquiries shall be held confidential. Salary is commensurate with experience. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Jarrett Construction is recruiting highly talented and motivated Project Managers, Estimators, and Superintendents for our offices in Morgantown and Charleston, WV. We seek energetic individuals to join our team and help grow our business.
ABOUT US: We are a design/build and construction management firm that works throughout the mid-Atlantic region. We have a high repeat client base and are now expanding in order to meet the increasing demand for additional project capacity. We excel at design/build deliveries and negotiated procurements. Typical projects involve new churches, apartment complexes, family life centers, new hotels, sports complexes, historic restorations, medical office buildings, private schools and the like. Typical project sizes range from $50,000 to $10,000,000.
ABOUT YOU: To be successful at Jarrett Construction, you must:
- Accurately perform both conceptual and hard bid estimates
- Interact with clients, subcontractors, vendors and other team members
- Develop and maintain CPM schedules
- Secure and manage project submittals
- Forecast accurate cost-to-complete reports
- Be proactive!
- Have a great attitude!
- Have a strong work ethic!
If the above describes your abilities and character, then Jarrett Construction is the place to improve your career. We offer competitive salary, 401k, profit sharing, vacation, health insurance, dental insurance, vehicle allowance, and a family work atmosphere!
Located one block from the state capitol in Charleston, our Charleston office is within an hour’s drive of white-water rafting, snow skiing, golfing and fishing resorts. Our capitol city and surrounding area is a wonderful place to raise a family. It lays claim to one of the lowest crime rates in the country and extremely affordable housing.
In Morgantown, we sit squarely in the heart of the University City! Only minutes from Cheat Lake, wine country, Milan Puskar Stadium and the WVU Coliseum!
If this sounds intriguing to you, then why not email your resume to john.jarrett@jarrett-
- Along with all other personnel, review bid before submitting.
- Has input toward his availability to do the work, if awarded.
- May help in preparing the bid.
- May visit job site and attend bid meetings.
- If involved in bidding process, help develop list of exclusions.
- Review plans and specs for potential opportunities.
- Provide past performance information, similar jobs.
- Deals with city and county departments.
- Aids President in staffing.
- Locates site requirements.
- Reviews plans for problem areas.
- Support estimator in terms of scheduling or streamlining project.
- Introduce possible up-front savings to owner.
- Review of company resources and direction of them.
- Communication with other PM.
- List of exclusions.
- Verify payment terms.
- Attend award meeting.
- Verify contract documents.
- Review entire job.
- Buy out job.
- Establish schedule and job sequence.
- Assist in document review.
- Prepare “schedule of values.”
- Help select super.
- Meet with architect and owner to begin relationship.
- Find out who can authorize CO, confirm in writing.
- Meet with bank inspector if possible/applicable.
- Negotiate terms on the following: change orders, terms of payment, and terms of responsibility.
- Meet with estimator on how job is to be done.
- Possibly negotiate incentive to owner for payments made prior to stipulated agreement.
- Secure permits.
- Set up pre-construction meeting.
- Verifies consistency on bidding.
- Verifies cost vs. type of construction.
- PM negotiates financial terms of contract payment, retention, etc.
- Final signoff on plans and specs.
- Award subcontracts.
- Prepare job budget.
- Define areas of weakness in job and prepare for in advance.
- Review estimate.
- Develop construction schedule with estimator and superintedent.
- Develop schedule of values.
- Negotiate and award subcontracts.
- Schedule and facilitate pre-job meeting (Pres/Controller/PM/PMA/Super)
- Have pre-construction meetings with subcontractors and in-house personnel.
- Develop staffing.
- Shop drawing review and approval.
- Communicate bid and scope of work to superintendent.
- Order long lead and specialty items.
- Get schedule of values approved.
- Review and understand job site conditions.
- Assist superintendent with job specific site laydown plan.
- Review specs and drawings. Note discrepancies.
- Documentation of COs. Maintain change order book.
- Establish who makes money decision at owner and GC.
- Review payment schedule.
- Set up cost control system.
- Review with subcontractors billing and construction schedules.
- Meeting with superintendent, president, controller, estimator, PM.
- Arrange mobilizations.
- Confirm availability of equipment.
- Outline superintendent’s responsibilities.
- Coordinate project.
- Emphasize need for daily reports.
- Define schedule and get commitment from subs.
- Review procedures for extra work.
Job Start Up
- Coordinate mobilization.
- Establish relationship with owner’s representative.
- Work on getting first payment.
- Order remainder of materials.
- Divide up responsibilities between PM/superintendent.
- Meet with superintendent, subs, and suppliers.
- Determine material needs.
- Issue purchase orders.
- Work with superintendent closely to begin work.
- Order facilities, and job trailer.
- Walk through first CO.
- Acquire permits.
- Coordination of job.
- Communication with team.
- Communication with architect.
- Set up schedules.
- Get to know players involved in payment process.
- Communicate to subs billing procedures.
- Review cost codes with super.
- Establish unique procedures with owner.
- Authorize purchases.
- Monitor job progress.
- Timely billings.
- Promptly estimate and develop change orders. Maintain change order book.
- Monitor subcontracts.
- Submit billing per scheduled values.
- Review billing with owner.
- CO documentation approval.
- Timely billing of COs.
- Review and approve time sheets.
- Follow up, extras and COs.
- Shop drawings, others.
- Track costs on COs.
- Site inspection weekly.
- Review daily reports and send to Owner and/or Architect.
- Confirm delivery dates 10 days prior.
- Maintain, update and publish CPM schedule with super.
- Ensure eworksites are updated and maintained at least weekly.
- Interfaces with owner and architect to determine job satisfaction.
- Resolves problems as presented by the super.
- Interfaces with the president, controller regarding process.
- Follow up on change order approval/payment.
- Perform accurate and timely estimated cost-to-completes. Review same with President and Controller.
- Track purchase of materials.
- Review submittals, shop drawings.
- Responsible for delegation or doing.
- Create paper trail.
- Discuss reduction of retention.
- Document all changes including no-cost field changes in writing.
- Make sure all extras and back charges are submitted.
- Make sure to get substantial completion certificate.
- Make sure field managers get the punch list complete.
- Get submittals and as-builds together.
- May file lien.
- Contact attorney.
- Submit final billing and waiver.
- Follow up on retention billing.
- Coordinate demobilization.
- File away project files for storage.
- Assure all paper work is completed.
- Final resolution of CO.
- Job post-mortem.
- Review back charges to subs.
- Get all inspections, permits, releases, etc.
- Gives controller date of notice of completion.
- Meets with owner and architect to confirm satisfaction.
- Gives superintendent reinforcement for good job, if done.
- Reviews final job cost with controller, VP, PM, estimator, and super.
- Determines if job cost is reliable to estimate future projects on.
- Asks for bonus.
- Initiate job cost program after job is done.
- Review project closeout procedures.
- Set up warranty package. Review with general manager.
- Create recap of project for history.
- Final billing to owner.
- Close out pending change orders.
DOWNLOAD OUR FREE JARRETT CONSTRUCTION
At Jarrett Construction, we take care of the design and build portions of your job so that you can focus on the things that matter to you.
RESIDENTIAL AND MULTI-FAMILY